Parallel Shaft Gearboxes of RENK-MAAG are designed and manufactured in accordance with the latest technical standards and are based on proven MAAG technology.
· Optimum centre distance and optimum tooth width
· Toothing is ground in a longitudinal direction and in the direction of the profile in the MAAG grinding process to compensate for pre-calculated distortion that can occur in operation: optimum tooth contact pattern under full load
· Welded steel casing – extremely rigid design
· point support casing for ease of alignment
· RENK-MAAG bearing program for radial and axial bearings for dynamically balanced running behavior
· If necessary adjustable radial bearing for perfect tooth contact pattern
· Single-helical or double-helical toothing
· Gearbox with thrust collar
· High Efficiency Turbo gear (reduced power dissipation)
· Parallel shaft gearbox
with pinion and wheel arranged vertically
( model with pinion at the top, model with pinion at the bottom)
The registered trademark HET Gear stands for «High Efficiency Turbo gear. These gearboxes are the most efficient ones worldwide and have been specifically developed for use in energy generation and for driving compressors.
HET Gear gearboxes can be operated in two different ways as required: either as conventional turbo gearboxes or as HET Gear gearboxes, where the toothed wheels rotate in a partial vacuum to significantly reduce ventilation losses. Special toothing correction is used to ensure that there is always an optimum toothing contact pattern in both operating modes.
This aspect of gearbox power dissipation takes on greater significance specifically in the power generation sector. MAAG/RENK-MAAG has built up and developed its experience in the manufacture of vacuum gearboxes in the range of 15 MW–100 MW output since 1996. The construction of HET Gear turbo gears is patented by RENK-MAAG.